Tuesday, May 19, 2009

That's right, they are fake

I'm referring, of course, to the tan on my face, and the tan on my legs.

Due to my light complexion, my impatience with "laying out" and my aversion to tanning salons, my legs have never been anything but blindingly white, while my face specializes in converting the sun's rays into freckles.

I've solved that problem now, without the skin cancer risk of a real tan or the odd orange tone long associated with sunless tanners. Every few days for the last few weeks, I've been slapping on some Jergens Natural Glow moisturizer.

It's a gradual sunless tanner and moisturizer in one. I also use Jergens Healthy Complexion facial moisturizer, which has SPF 20. I have ridiculously sensitive skin and was surprised that I didn't have a negative reaction to the cream.

I don't use either of these every day. If I did, I think my skin would eventually start looking unnatural. While the change is gradual, I could tell a difference even after the first time I used it. Every two or three days seems to do the trick for me. Which is good because the scent, while not terrible, is not what I strive to smell like on an everyday basis.

So, this could be my first summer ever with tanned legs! Finally, a healthy way to get that healthy-looking tan. Of course, I can't be positive that sunless tanners don't contain some sort of dangerous chemical.

For the next few months, I'm going to try not to think about that.

No comments: