Monday, February 2, 2009

Me, my new hat, and the universe

This is my new hat.


I needed a new hat.

Well, maybe "needed" is the wrong word.

I already had lots of hats, as my husband helpfully pointed out when I told him I needed a new hat.

It's just that I was a little tired of all of my old hats.

Then one day, I decided to borrow one of my husband's hats, and I discovered that he had even more than I did.

Obviously that is not right.

So this past weekend, when we had the rare opportunity to go snowboarding together, we stopped by the gear shop so I could pick one out.

This hat was the only one of its kind, and I was drawn to it immediately. I tried on a few others, but deep down I knew this was the one. It had been waiting there patiently for me to arrive and take it home, simple as that.

My new hat kept my head cozy and warm all day long, and it wasn't until we were back in the car that I read the label inside.

It said: "This is a magic hat, entirely knitted by hand in the mountains of Bali. We work with family run co-ops to design and produce amazing things that benefit all the people making them, their families and your warm head."

The company is called Spacecraft and they have one funky website.

No comments: