Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thank you, son, for vomiting all over the couch

No, really, I mean it.

Before I just gave up and burned the disgusting thing, I figured I might as well get an estimate for a professional cleaning. The first person I called came over within the hour and quoted me a very reasonable price.

While he was here, I also had him take a look at some high traffic areas of our carpet (and by "high traffic" I mean "filthy.") We've been here two years, and the beige carpet has gotten pretty bad in that time, what with three kids, two adults, and two dogs, one of which has some passive aggressive behavior issues (and by "passive aggressive behavior issues" I mean "sometimes if we leave the house and forget to put her in the kennel she pees on the floor.")

Never have I been so giddy about anything cleaning-related, but you have to understand that the sofa was REALLY, REALLY, REALLY bad. I mean, REALLY bad. The carpet was just a bonus, but when I saw how clean it was I got unreasonably excited about that, too.

Who knew that someone puking on my furniture could make me so deliriously happy?

2 comments:

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

The last time someone threw up on my couch, I broke up with him. Talk about the smell - GAK! Well, I don't have to tell you.

Who did you use? Because my carpet is NASTY! And I'm sick of looking at it and never being able to get the stains out and it's worse than beige. It off-white. Only it's really really off now.

Ruth said...

The company is called Delight Cleaning. www.delightcleaning.com
Good luck with that carpet. I say that any surface people are going to walk on should be some darkish shade of brown.