Monday, November 16, 2009

What is art without suffering

Word count after 16 days: 27,709

Last night I woke up coughing in the middle of the night and couldn't stop. Not a good sign.

When I talked on the phone to my son's supervising teacher to postpone our biweekly meeting, I sounded so bad that she convinced me I should go see a doctor. So I went to the Urgent Care this evening and was glad I did: I have bronchitis. Now I'm armed with some drugs to fight off the infection and a powerful cough syrup, which I'm waiting to take until I go to bed--for maximum sleeping time.

In the midst of all my misery, I managed to come up with about 2,400 new words for my novel today.

One of these days I am going to post an excerpt so you can all tell me what an awesome fiction writer I'm turning out to be.

1 comment:

Carrie @ Who Knew? said...

Good for you. Sick and still writing. . . that's determination. Keep it up!