Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Why yes, I do have a tremendous fear of doing the dishes

As many of my friends have helpfully pointed out, I should definitely stop doing the dishes. Far too dangerous. In fact I now start to tremble if I so much as look at a dirty glass. However, with my husband out of town for a few days I finally had to overcome my fear and rinse some dishes (left-handed) and run them through the dishwasher.

Which was all well and good until I started unloading the dishwasher (left-handed) and a glass broke in two as I picked it up:

Luckily, this time my hand was not severed by any sharp edges, and (after taking this picture left-handed) I just threw the thing away and got on with my day.

But seriously, what is up here? Even stranger is the fact that last year at about this same time, things were breaking and shattering left and right around here. We had just moved in and I assumed the place must be cursed. But after a while things got better and I assumed the place must not be cursed. Now, of course, I realize that my home is only cursed for about a week right around the end of July. Something about an ancient glass-breaking ritual, apparently.

Hopefully this will end soon. In the meantime, I'm seriously considering using paper cups.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Paper cups may be a good idea for you... or at least BPA free plastic ones. ;)

Seriously, I don't think you know your strength. I slight touch is glass shattering... Are you Wonder Woman? I used to have Wonder Woman Under-roos. ;)

(her name is Torrie) said...

what is up with you? does this mean 14 years of bad luck??? YIKES.