Thursday, April 30, 2009

Beauty advice

As I was primping (i.e. checking to see if I had anything stuck in my teeth) in the mirror recently, I joked to my husband, "You know, I'm still a little bit mad that People Magazine didn't name me as the Most Beautiful Person."

My 6-year-old son overheard that I was mad and assumed it had something to do with him. When I set him straight and let him know I was just upset that a magazine hadn't given me the award for being the most beautiful person of the year, he thought for a moment, then offered this suggestion:

"Maybe if you wore lipstick more often...and earrings."

I'm gonna have to try that.

1 comment:

Firefly Mom said...

Ah, kids ;) I remember that I once asked my grandma why she used Oil of Olay. She said it was to keep her face looking young. I asked her why she'd want to do that if the rest of her looked so old? Bless her heart for not slapping the lips of my face ;D