Thursday, January 15, 2009

How to stay healthy this cold and flu season (for my kids)

If you want 10 tips that regular people can use to boost their immune systems, try this list from Cookie. I'm particularly pumped to give saline nasal washes a try.

This list is for my own children. Once they master these basics, we'll move on to more advanced methods of avoiding illness.

1. The bath water is not for drinking.

2. Floors, and everything that has been on the floor, including your feet, are considered dirty and should not come into contact with your mouth.

3. Don't put your fingers in your mouth.

4. Don't pick your nose.

5. Please, for the love of all things holy, do not pick your nose and then put your fingers in your mouth.

2 comments:

Firefly Mom said...

I have one to add:

"Getting your hands wet *does not* mean you have washed them. Water alone will not kill germs. You do actually have to use soap."

Lucy The Valiant said...

Would you believe that, teaching middle school, I OFTEN am forced to remind my students to not pick their nose and then eat it? There is a lot of GermX action in my classroom :)