Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #10: things I have been happy to find



It’s kind of like Christmas every day around here as I unpack. I open a box, pick up an item and unwrap the multiple layers of packing paper to see what mysterious objects are inside. It’s only been a couple of weeks since I last saw them, but some of these feel like long lost friends.

I still cannot for the life of me find the silverware, but I have unpacked a lot of other useful and treasured items. Here are a few that have given me feelings of great joy when I unwrapped them:


13 Important Things I've Found While Unpacking

1. Ibuprofen (The day after we moved in, I had a killer headache. I thought I was going to vomit from the pain. So I rooted through boxes until I found the medicine. It was good drama.)

2. The toaster (We rely heavily on the toaster, since toast is on the short list of foods my 3-year-old son will eat.)

3. Mugs

4. The tea kettle

5. Wine glasses

6. The corkscrew

7. Cooking utensils

8. The printer (I really needed to print out a couple of forms and I REALLY didn’t want to do it at Kinko’s with three kids in tow.)

9. Wooden trains

10. Wooden tracks

11. All sorts of toys my kids haven’t seen in a while

12. An extension cord

13. Soap



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


5 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh, moving can be such a pain in the rump! I don't envy you. Well, maybe a little since you have wineglasses and a corkscrew. Do you have wine to go with that? :-)

Anonymous said...

I think if I ever move, the toaster will be one of the items that doesn't actually get packed, but rides in the car with us! I soooo feel you on the short list of foods an offspring will eat - my 9y/o is mine.

bernieg1 said...

Moving is nerve wracking. So much to do - so much to remember. Good luck!

My 34th TT is up: 13 comments you can make to your physician while he's performing a colonoscopy on you. Here's the link.

bernie said...

Came back to thank you for visiting my TT.

I may do a 13 things to do when moving.

The Chameleon said...

Hi Ruth!

Well, I think same-events happen threes, and now 3 things have been broken...so 'nuff of that.

You moved!! Imagine my surprise to see your comment. Thank you! Where are you now? I haven't kept up with blogs lately, now I feel bad cuz you were getting ready to move and I didn't even know ...

I tried to follow your 13 thing - but the code didn't come out for the header, so I got 13 things without a header. Looks kinda dumb, but....expert blogger that I am...(technologically challenged!!) I just left it.

I am glad you and your family are doing well.

Jamminsoul ~ Jill