Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #4: things I'll miss about Iowa



We’re on the move again, and I’ve hardly been here in Iowa long enough to think of thirteen anything, but after some deep contemplation I managed to come up with these:

Thirteen Things I Might Possibly Miss About Iowa

1. The few friends that I’ve actually had time to get to know in 15 months
2. Spring
3. Fall
4. The absence of traffic congestion
5. Palmer’s Deli
6. Reiman Gardens in Ames
7. The Science Center of Iowa in Des Moines
8. The Science Center of Iowa Preschool
9. Having family nearby
10. Watching fireworks from my back deck on July 4th
11. Watching fireflies in my yard and the fields behind my yard on summer evenings
12. Being able to see a gazillion stars on a clear night
13. Telling people I live in Iowa, and having them, two minutes later, ask, “So how do you like it there in Ohio? Or wait, was it Idaho?”


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


No comments: